News Articles on Border Security
ICE reassigns agents to customs, by by Sarah A. Carter, Washington Times, August 29, 2007
"Immigration and Customs Enforcement criminal investigators will no longer be involved in immigration work site enforcement or conduct checks for illegal alien prisoners. -- Almost 1,000 ICE Office of Investigations agents will be reassigned exclusively to customs investigations, reducing the manpower involved in detention and removal..."
- Mexican migration officials arrested, charged with human smuggling, by Associated Press, AzStarnet.com, August 17, 2007
- Border Computers Vulnerable to Attack - GAO Report Details Problems in System, by Spencer S. Hsu, Washington Post, August 3, 2007
- Argentine president calls US border fence plan 'insult' to Latin America, by , Associated Press, July 31, 2007
- No health insurance? You're probably illegal - Census: Skyrocketing numbers without medical coverage reflect migration, by staff, WorldNetDaily.com, July 18, 2007
- Poll: Few Confident of Border Security, by ALAN FRAM, SFGate.com, July 6, 2007
50% reduction in troops on Mexico border, by staff, Battle Creek Enquirer, June 15, 2007
Al-Qaida infiltrating America as patients - Clinics warn of medical visa scam by foreigners looking to get in U.S., by staff, WorldNetDaily.com, June 15, 2007
Who left the door open?, by Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele, TIME Magazine, September 12, 2004
- To Head Off Mass Migrations, Set a Global Minimum Wage, by Michael Ardon, International Herald Tribune opinion, January 23, 2002
The New Frontier, by NANCY GIBBS, TIME Magazine, January 1, 2001
If Presidents George W. Bush and Vicente Fox manage to solve the problems of two countries that need each other but don't completely trust each other, the American Century could give way to the Century of the Americas, and the border might as well have disappeared altogether.